The Blues Brothers (1980)
The Blues Brothers Quote: “It’s 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it’s dark… and we’re wearing sunglasses.” – Elwood Blues
Was 1980’s “Blue Brothers” a perfect movie? Special guest and soul music expert King Bee says yes! Blue Brothers transcended the labels of “comedy,” “musical,” and ’80s movie with an incredible awareness of city life and urban joy. It also wrecked over 100 cars and had a massive budget for free cocaine.
Plot Summary: “The Blues Brothers” After his release from prison, Jake (John Belushi) reunites with his brother, Elwood (Dan Aykroyd) — collectively known as the “Blues Brothers.” Jake’s first task is to save the orphanage the brothers grew up in from closing, by raising $5,000 to pay back taxes. The two are convinced they can earn the money by getting their old band back together. However, after playing several gigs and making a few enemies, including the police, the brothers face daunting odds to deliver the money on time.
Help Support the Podcast
- Contact Us: https://www.shatpod.com/contact
- Commission Movie: https://www.shatpod.com/support
- Support with Paypal: https://www.shatpod.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://www.shatpod.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: https://www.shatpod.com/shop
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite