Escape from New York (1981)
Escape from New York Quote: “I don’t give a fu*k about your war… or your president. ” – Snake Plissken” Porter
Two dystopian American films from the ’80s are huge in Norway: “Blade Runner” and “Escape from New York.” We shat all over the former, so Norwegian listener Per T. commissioned the latter.
If you think the Shat The Movies crew doesn’t know much about covert missions into futuristic prison islands, think again. Big D brings his military experience, landmine expertise, and New York roots. Gene Lyons explains how to defeat giant wrestlers swinging baseball bats. And Roger Roeper sees his father in every Kurt Russell character.
Other topics on this podcast include:
- Why Manhattan makes for an awful detention facility
- Snake Plissken’s “buttrock commando” armament
- What Roger thought that Snake’s tattoo was
- Wives on set
- Comically oversized gadgets
- What The Crazies live underground
- Godawful foley work
- and U.S. soccer veteran Michael Bradley’s short legs
Plot Summary: “Escape from New York” In 1997, a major war between the United States and the Soviet Union is concluding, and the entire island of Manhattan has been converted into a giant maximum-security prison. When Air Force One is hijacked and crashes into the island, the president (Donald Pleasence) is taken hostage by a group of inmates. Snake Plissken (Kurt Russell), a former Special Forces soldier turned criminal, is recruited to retrieve the president in exchange for his own freedom.
Help Support the Podcast
- Contact Us: https://www.shatpod.com/contact
- Commission Movie: https://www.shatpod.com/support
- Support with Paypal: https://www.shatpod.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://www.shatpod.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: https://www.shatpod.com/shop
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite