The Final Countdown (1980)
The Final Countdown Quote: “If the United States falls under attack our job is to defend her in the past, present and future” – Capt. Matthew Yelland
This episode is cursed. You’ve been warned.
It killed Ash’s Internet access, froze all of Texas, put Big D in the hospital, and aged Gene another 40 years.
Do you really want to risk it all to hear The Shat Crew talk about Kirk Douglas’ cool, Martin Sheen’s hair, bootstrap paradox, the lethality of flare guns, Japanese fighter planes, and Navy dress standards?
Understand that pressing play is a gamble. What you’ll gain is questionable maritime knowledge, even more questionable escape tactics, and some listener feedback. What you might lose is your mind.
Man your battle stations, dear listeners. It’s “The Final Countdown.”
Plot Summary: “The Final Countdown” A Pacific aircraft carrier enters a time warp and finds itself transported from 1980 to 1941 – just before the attack on Pearl Harbor. The captain is forced to decide whether to strike at the approaching Japanese fleet and change the entire course of World War II.
Help Support the Podcast
- Contact Us: https://www.shatpod.com/contact
- Commission Movie: https://www.shatpod.com/support
- Support with Paypal: https://www.shatpod.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://www.shatpod.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: https://www.shatpod.com/shop
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite