Hello, I’m just discovering your fab podcasts re the great dark and moody Taboo. And I’m enjoying the all-American delivery of your insights in a way that I think only a British person can! Hats off to you!
I listened this evening to the podcast relating to episode six. This episode left me gasping somewhat towards the end with the whole, ‘Take off that fucking dress’ scene (I am a human female, after all!).
But then, piling heightened emotion upon heightened emotion – Winter? Dead? By the hand of James Keziah Delaney? Noooooo! And you can’t see what the attachment is to her for the audience?!
For me it is dazzlingly obvious – we care about her because JKD cares about her. She has a relationship with him that is unique (with the possible partial exception of the wonderfully played Helga – who is, after all, Winter’s mother) insofar as she is not afraid of him; and, on his part, he does not seek to exploit her. Through her we see glimpses in him of a humanity and an appreciation of, if not purity, then at least innocence. At least, that’s why I care.
A possibility: Winter is JKD’s daughter? (There was mention of intimacy between him and Helga…)
Thanks for all your hard mulling and pondering, chaps!
Help Support the Podcast
- Support with Paypal – https://shatontv.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo – https://venmo.com/ShatPodcasts
- Shop / Merchandise: https://shatontv.com/shop
- Shop Amazon With Our Affiliate Link – https://www.amazon.com/?tag=shatmovies-20
- Sponsor’s Listener Survey – https://shatontv.com/survey
- Leave an iTunes Review – https://shatontv.com/taboo-fx-review
- Leave a Voicemail – (914) 719-SHAT – (914) 719-7428
- Feeds & Social Media – https://shatontv.com/subscribe-and-follow/
- Checkout our Movie Podcast – http://shatthemovies.com