Bram Stoker’s Dracula (1992)
Bram Stoker’s Dracula Quote: “My life at best… is misery.” – Count Dracula
Christmas comes early for Gene Lyons as listener David Petsolt commissions “”Bram Stoker’s Dracula, the movie that changed the way we see vampires and ruined Keanu Reeves for the better part of a decade.
Francis Ford Coppola’s insistence on old-school practical effects, combined with Gary Oldman’s intense portrayal of The Count, give this movie and undeniable creep factor, but obviously fake backdrops and silly facial hair are too much for Big D to ignore. As Roger and Gene reminisce over what the vampire orgy scene did to their pubescent bodies, Dick balks at cheesy filmmaking and weak female characters.
The Shat boys discuss absinthe, 19th century fashion, werewolf sex, Tom Waits, and love. Oh, and Gene gets naked in a sleeping bag.
Plot Summary: “Bram Stoker’s Dracula” Count Dracula, a 15th-century prince, is condemned to live off the blood of the living for eternity. Young lawyer Jonathan Harker is sent to Dracula’s castle to finalise a land deal, but when the Count sees a photo of Harker’s fiancée, Mina, the spitting image of his dead wife, he imprisons him and sets off for London to track her down.
Help Support the Podcast
- Contact Us: https://www.shatpod.com/contact
- Commission Movie: https://www.shatpod.com/support
- Support with Paypal: https://www.shatpod.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://www.shatpod.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: https://www.shatpod.com/shop
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite