Uncle Buck (1989)
Uncle Buck Quote: “My uncle was microwaving our socks and the dog threw up on the couch for an hour.” – Maizy Russell
Brothers and prolific Shat The Movies commissioners Josh, Adam and Jon R. have always been there for us. When a shooter attacked their beloved Highland Park on July 4, it was our duty and honor to be there for them. Thanks to some very generous Shat listeners, this recording raised $1000 for the shooting response fund.
In this special live episode, the Shat Crew celebrates the 1989 love letter to Highland Park and Chicagoland as a whole: “Uncle Buck.” One of John Hughes’ lesser-known films, this John Candy comedy gave us Macaulay Culkin before his breakthrough role in “Home Alone.” It also touched Big D’s heart as a father and sexually confused a young Gene Lyons.
As always, we dive into unexpected topics like fat shaming, menacing comedians, ‘80s montages, and missed opportunities with clowns.
Plot Summary: “Uncle Buck” Uncle Buck is a 1989 American comedy film written, directed by John Hughes, and starring John Candy and Amy Madigan with supporting roles by Jean Louisa Kelly, Macaulay Culkin, Gaby Hoffmann, Garrett M. Brown and Elaine Bromka.Subscribe Now
- Contact Us: https://www.shatpod.com/contact
- Commission Movie: https://www.shatpod.com/support
- Support with Paypal: https://www.shatpod.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://www.shatpod.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: https://www.shatpod.com/shop
- Theme Song - Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite