Arachnophobia Quote: “In my opinion, Dr. Metcalf isn’t aware of the difference between his ass and a hole in the ground” – Margaret Hollins
When “Arachnophobia” was released in in 1990, advertisers were uncertain as to whether they should market the film as a thriller or a comedy. Therefore, television spots promoting the film billed it as a “thrill-omedy”. Apparently, nobody saw Ghostbusters or Ghostbusters II.
With Gene out traveling, Big D & Roger welcome back Kerri Gross to the podcast as they relive some of their most harrowing experiences with the movie as well as real-life encounters with arachnids.
- How many bugs crawl into your mouth on average per year?
- What happened to Rog & Gene when they were naked camping in Northern Arizona?
- Who would pull the ticks out of Big D’s butt when he was performing survival drills in the military?
Discover the answers to these questions and more in a Shat The Movies recording that will make your skin crawl!
Plot Summary: “Arachnophobia” After a nature photographer (Mark L. Taylor) dies on assignment in Venezuela, a poisonous spider hitches a ride in his coffin to his hometown in rural California, where arachnophobe Dr. Ross Jennings (Jeff Daniels) has just moved in with his wife, Molly (Harley Jane Kozak), and young son. As town residents start turning up dead, Jennings begins to suspect spiders, and must face his fears as he and no-nonsense exterminator Delbert McClintock (John Goodman) fight to stop a deadly infestation.
Help Support the Podcast
- Contact Us: https://www.shatpod.com/contact
- Commission Movie: https://www.shatpod.com/support
- Support with Paypal: https://www.shatpod.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://www.shatpod.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: https://www.shatpod.com/shop
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite