The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension (1984)
The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension Quote: “Uh, Dr. Banzai, you… you forgot your thruster.” – Penny Priddy
Gene Lyons probably will never enjoy the flattery of a biopic retelling his life, but “The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension” comes pretty damn close to depicting his life as a eccentric polymath. This 1984 box-office flop was either way ahead of its time or way too much of a mess for any sane person to comprehend.
In this edition of “Shat The Movies,” Ash praises the spaceship designs and compares Buckaroo Banzai to Maverick. Big D points out the ridiculous dialogue; and Gene decides he’s watching cinematic jazz. The Shat Crew also discusses John Lithgow, John Bigboote, and all the other Johns that make the movie great.
Plot Summary: “The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension” Buckaroo Banzai is caught with his trusted allies, the Hong Kong Cavaliers, in a battle to the death between evil red aliens and good black aliens from Planet 10. Led by demonic dictator John Whorfin, who has taken over the body of Italian scientist Dr. Emilio Lizardo, the aliens try to get the Overthruster back from Buckaroo Banzai. But the good black aliens are willing to destroy Earth rather than let these renegades return to their planet.Subscribe Now
- Android: https://www.shatpod.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: https://www.shatpod.com/apple
- Contact Us: https://www.shatpod.com/contact
- Commission Movie: https://www.shatpod.com/support
- Support with Paypal: https://www.shatpod.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://www.shatpod.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: https://www.shatpod.com/shop
- Theme Song - Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite