Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (1997)
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation Quote: “As long as I have the power, Kahn, you will never rule this world” – Rayden
When listener Ryley moved out of her parents’ house for the first time and needed a comfort movie, “Mortal Kombat: Annihilation” was there. We humbly offer this Shat The Movies review to the elder gods in hopes we all someday discover our inner animalities.
From terrible CGI to imbalanced audio, this sequel to 1995’s “Mortal Kombat” proved you can’t just swap out the cast, throw in a whole bunch of new characters, rip off Sub-Zero’s mask and expect video game fans to accept it.
You also can’t make Raiden mumble mumbo jumbo while dressed as a suburban dad or kill off Johnny Cage in the first five minutes without clarifying he’s actually dead.
Even Mortal Kombat’s legendary soundtrack sagged under the weight of Jax’s “urban” dialog and Barraka’s rubber blades. And just when we thought we’d seen the worst, the dragon fight everyone had forgotten became the final battle nobody could unsee.
Plot Summary: “Mortal Kombat: Annihilation” Every generation, a portal opens up between the Outerworld and Earth. Emperor Shao-Kahn (Brian Thompson), ruler of the mythical Outerworld, pounces the moment the portal reopens and slips through with his mighty warriors, intent on total domination and uniting the two worlds. However, he has only seven days to complete his task. In the meantime, opposition grows and warriors Sonya Blade (Sandra Hess), Jax (Lynn “Red” Williams), Kitana (Talisa Soto) and Liu Kang (Robin Shou) get ready for war.Subscribe Now
- Android: https://www.shatpod.com/android
- Apple/iTunes: https://www.shatpod.com/apple
- Contact Us: https://www.shatpod.com/contact
- Commission Movie: https://www.shatpod.com/support
- Support with Paypal: https://www.shatpod.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://www.shatpod.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: https://www.shatpod.com/shop
- Theme Song - Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite