The Full Monty (1997)
The Full Monty Quote: “No-one said anything to me about the full monty!” – Horse
Man, “feel good” movies sure have changed since 1997. Back then, all you needed was an economically depressed English town, a nasty divorce, body dysmorphia, erectile dysfunction, and attempted suicide to create a happy-time blockbuster film like “The Full Monty.”
Listener Mike H. commissioned this one from across the pond, giving the Shat Crew the chance to discuss Pulp, male strippers, Arsenal, universal basic income, healthy depictions of homosexuality, and the beauty of marriage.
Plot Summary: “The Full Monty” After losing his job at a steel factory, Gaz (Robert Carlyle) learns that his wife wants to sue him for missed child support payments. Desperate for money, Gaz and his friend Dave (Mark Addy) decide to create their own male strip-tease act. The two friends recruit four more men, including their former foreman (Tom Wilkinson) and a security guard (Steve Huison). The group promises that their show will succeed because they are willing to go “the Full Monty”: completely naked.
Help Support the Podcast
- Contact Us: https://www.shatpod.com/contact
- Commission Movie: https://www.shatpod.com/support
- Support with Paypal: https://www.shatpod.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://www.shatpod.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: https://www.shatpod.com/shop
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite