In The Mouth of Madness (1994)
In The Mouth of Madness Quote: “Do you read Sutter Cane?” – Axe Maniac
“In The Mouth of Madness” is a cult film that pioneered themes that pushed the boundaries of cinema from 1994 to present day: self-referential film making, Lovecraftian horror, and the general questioning of reality. But does it deserve to be labeled a horror classic?
Every spooky twist on insanity is hamstrung by an awkward acting performance. Every slimy John Carpenter monster is countered by a bizarre herpes kid. This is a movie of high aspirations and stumbling execution. How does it all shake out? Find out from Gene Lyons, Dick Ebert, and Kerri Gross.
Plot Summary: “In The Mouth of Madness” When horror novelist Sutter Cane (Jürgen Prochnow) goes missing, insurance investigator John Trent (Sam Neill) scrutinizes the claim made by his publisher, Jackson Harglow (Charlton Heston), and endeavors to retrieve a yet-to-be-released manuscript and ascertain the writer’s whereabouts. Accompanied by the novelist’s editor, Linda Styles (Julie Carmen), and disturbed by nightmares from reading Cane’s other novels, Trent makes an eerie nighttime trek to a supernatural town in New Hampshire.
Help Support the Podcast
- Contact Us: https://www.shatpod.com/contact
- Commission Movie: https://www.shatpod.com/support
- Support with Paypal: https://www.shatpod.com/paypal
- Support With Venmo: https://www.shatpod.com/venmo
- Shop Merchandise: https://www.shatpod.com/shop
- Theme Song – Die Hard by Guyz Nite: https://www.facebook.com/guyznite